Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Other Alvin


I made a promise to myself that I will be letting go of some things when I formally enter medical school. Well, I haven't, at least in this very moment, but surely on the first week of June. And what I meant by "some things" were my overt addiction to killing time, reading unnecessary but brilliant books, watching too much tv series, singing in a chorale, writing for a magazine, and my involvement in to some leadership and youth organizations (and not to mention, some occasional sneaking for night out), which I all equally love doing because it helps me discover people and myself. For it has established a clear view to me, that in no possible means I'll be enjoying the same amount of time I have during high school and college, once I enter medical school. Being able to do so many things with so little time is perhaps one of my guilty pleasures in life. Although stressful and a killer at the end of the day, I still kinda like being placed in a great deal of pressure and see progress, and feel fulfilled afterwards.

If there is one thing I can never ditch, it is perhaps writing blogs and taking photographs, albeit amateurishly. I used to occasionally write in Charming in Silver and Gray in tumblr for almost five years, and it unraveled me to a world that I never imagined could influence me so much. I took a supposedly short break from writing to put academic and organization responsibilities on top of the line, until I have unintentionally abandoned my little haven for a year. I can't blame nursing school for it, I don't regret a thing anyway.

Now, Other Alvin will rekindle my relationship with writing subpar blogs, in a new home, in a new canvass. This is where I'll practice again while I try to keep (some) of my promises, and paint you new adventures through words and photographs of my eclectic interests, and attempt to turn my mundane medical student life into a riveting read.


Welcome and you have reached Other Alvin!

Greet me a happy birthday because it's also my 21st today.

1 comment: